After storms like the ones we have recently experienced in the Nashville area it is important to be sure you have a reputable company to make the repairs/ replacements on your home. There are many warning signs that a company may not be reliable or even legal, please review the warning signs below before making a decision to go with a contractor.
- Many companies focusing solely on storm damage will ask that you sign a contingency agreement, these will be very vague and lacking in description of the work to be done. Avoid signing anything before you are sure you want to go with this company.
- Be wary of door-to-door workers who claim you have storm damage, an unethical contractor may actually create damage to get work.
- If one estimate seems much lower than the others you receive, then it is probably too good to be true.
- Be aware that it can be expensive to obtain the right insurance and some contractors will cut corners to avoid the expense, insist on seeing up to date proofs of insurance and license.
- Offer you a “free Roof” or “free siding” or a way to avoid paying your deductible.
Disaster victims should never feel forced to make hasty decisions and go with a company they do not know. A reputable company will give a homeowner the opportunity to research them. In most cases it is best to go with a local business you can trust. Search the Nashville BBB for reliable information on local businesses.
Please contact Sumner Roofing & Exteriors with any questions reqarding improvements or repairs to your homes exterior.